What are your products made of?
- Epoxy resin - it's a special plant based, non-toxic epoxy resin.
- Gold, silver and copper metallic leaf - each product contains beautiful leaf which is a combination of base metal plus real gold, silver + copper.
- Beautiful dyes - each piece is a carefully considered colour.
- Sterling silver findings - all our earrings have sterling silver wires or posts. Your ears will thank you!
How are your pieces made?
- First we create our moulds - most pieces, including all our bangles, are based on vintage shapes, which we cast into silicone.
- We mix our resin with hardener, then add metallic leaf and dye, and pour into the moulds.
- Then we wait! Resin takes around 2 days to set in the mould, then a few more days of curing out of the mould.
- Sanding and polishing is the next important step - sanding down jagged edges, then shining back to perfection.
- Drilling and finishing the necklaces and earrings in our studio.
HOW LONG DO YOUR PIECES TAKE TO CREATE?
Each Sly Pony piece is made over around 10 days. If an item is listed as out of stock on our website (or you've seen something on our Instagram not listed here) we can still absolutely make one for you, just allow around 10 days!
IS SLY PONY HANDMADE?
Yes! All our pieces are made in our Melbourne studio.
DO YOU DO CUSTOM ORDERS?
Sly Pony loves making special products for you! Want a specific colour, jewellery for a special day, or just something unique? Get in touch, we can usually create in 1-2 weeks. We love weddings too - happy to help! xo
WHICH BANGLE SIZE AM I?
The easiest thing to do is find a bangle that fits you perfectly, lay the inside edge against a ruler, and measure it across. Then, check our bangles from smallest to largest!
Small stacker: 6.1cm internal diameter
Small cuff: COMING SOON (6.2cm)
Square bangle: 6.3cm internal diameter
(average bangle size)
Stacker bangle: 6.5cm internal diameter
Midi Bangle: 6.5cm internal diameter
Cuff bangle: 6.6cm internal diameter
Octagon bangle: 6.8cm internal diameter
Large stacker: 6.9cm internal diameter
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY RESIN?
If your resin starts to dull, rub moisturiser in to shine it back up! Our earrings are made with sterling silver wires and posts, so use a silver polish to remove any tarnish.
Try not to drop your resin on the ground - it's pretty durable but occasionally bangles can crack. If this happens to you, please get in touch. email@example.com
CAN I RETURN MY ITEM?
Check our SHIPPING INFO here.
IS MY DATA SAFE IF I BUY FROM YOU?
Yes! Boring but important - when you buy from our online store your information is securely and safely stored - we don't store your credit card number, and we will NEVER share your details with a 3rd party. If you subscribe to our newsletter you can unsubscribe at any time. Our store is hosted by Shopify - we think they're one of the most secure hosting sites we've ever seen.